Eat Your Feelings.
Your Ex Wants To Meet Up For Lunch?
By Melissa on Tuesday June 12 2012 at 2:04 PM
Situation: It's been three months since you last talked to your ex and you just got a text message asking if you're free for lunch tomorrow.
Feelings: Curious and anxious and nervous. Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.
Goal: You want to make a smart decision. You don't want to make any assumptions, and you definitely don't want to text back immediately.
Here's the plan: Get yourself into the kitchen and make a quick snack right away. Make something that needs only a little preparation; it will help distract your anxious thoughts and bring you back to reality.
A grilled peanut butter, jelly and honey will do the trick just fine. It requires just enough attention and is perfectly sweet enough to calm those nerves.
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- peanut butter
1. Melt 1/2 tbsp butter in a pan.
2. Spread the remaining butter on each slice of bread.
3. Take one slice and, on the opposite side of the butter, spread jelly.
4. Do the same thing to the other piece of bread, this time using peanut butter.
5. Now drizzle each side with honey.
6. Smack the two together and grill each side for about a minute.
Once you have enjoyed the sandwich and regained your composure, text your ex back. What should you say? Hey, that's your call. But we did just buy you some time, didn't we?