Eat Your Feelings.
It's Almost Jean Jacket Weather!
By Melissa on Tuesday September 11 2012 at 1:34 PM
Situation: As a bona fide hipster, you oftentimes sacrifice comfort for style, wearing boots, long sleeved shirts, leggings and even your jean jacket in the blistering heat.
But times they are a-changin'! It's almost officially jacket weather again! You're almost able to wear your jean jacket out to the bar again -- and without running the risk of heat stroke! This is big!
Feelings: Happy and relieved. But mostly? Ready for fall.
Goal: You want to stay in the zone and channel fall right up until it actually hits our doorsteps.
What's the best way to get ready for fall aside from dusting off your favorite jean jackets and boots? That's easy: You need to make some gingerbread cookies. These little darlings are so super easy to make -- and you can even make your own homemade icing, too, with just three ingredients, in all of two seconds.
Ingredients: Store-bought gingerbread cookie mix, a stick of butter, an egg, a cup of powdered sugar, two tablespoons of milk and a teaspoon of vanilla.
1. Bake cookies as directed on package.
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
3. Roll batter into 1-inch-thick balls and press down a bit prior to baking.
4. Prepare icing while cookies are baking. Mix your powdered sugar, milk and vanilla ina bowl. Add milk to desired consistency.
5. While cookies are hot, place a dollop of icing on top of each cookie. Watch as the icing runs gloriously down the cookies' sides.
6. Put that jean jacket on and enjoy some of these babies!