Eat Your Feelings.
Because, Hey, Sometimes You Get Homesick.
By Melissa on Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Situation: You're feeling a little homesick. Hey, it's OK. Whether you actually live a distance from your family or if it's your busy schedule that keeps you from seeing them, we all still miss that feeling of "home" from time to time.
Feelings: Lonely, antsy, maybe even a little sad.
Goal: To eat something that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside -- just like a big hug from mom would!
Hey, chin up there. You'll get through this. All you need is a big ol' baked cinnamon apple. The smell of this darling baking in your oven will alone make you think mom is about to pop in the kitchen, strap a bib on you and feed it to you herself.
Plus, it's easy to make.
- 1 apple
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp of butter
- 1/3 cup of boiling water
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Use a knife or apple corer to remove the apple's seeds and hollow out the direct center of the apple.
3. Place brown sugar and cinnamon into the whole you've carved.
4. Top with butter.
5. Boil 1/3 cup of water.
6. Place apple in a shallow baking dish.
7. Pour water around base of apple.
8. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes.
9. Smell that tasty aroma and enjoy.
10. Call your mother.
Trust us, you'll feel better. Especially after that last step.